Photo released of Loveland police officer accused of sexually exploiting a child | Crime
On today’s date, May 25, 2012, the District Attorney’s Office submitted formal charges to the Larimer County District Court against Loveland Police Officer Rodney Bretches.
The District Attorney’s Office is seeking charges for one count of Sexual Exploitation of a Child, a Class 4 Felony, and two counts of Unlawful Sexual Contact-Peeping, Class 1 Misdemeanors. The penalty range for a Class 4 Felony is 2 to 6 years in the presumptive range. The penalty range for a Class 1 Misdemeanor is 6 months to 24 months.
A warrant for the arrest of Officer Bretches was issued by District Court Judge Gregory Lammons and bond was set at $10,000 cash, property or surety.
Officer Bretches surrendered himself on the warrant to the Loveland Police Department and posted the bond set on the warrant. Officer Bretches’ bond is returnable in Courtroom 1A of the Larimer County Justice Center in Fort Collins, Colorado, on June 1, 2012 at 1:30 p.m.
The Loveland Police Department has placed Officer Bretches on paid administrative leave at the present time, and has initiated an internal administrative investigation into the allegations.
Attached is a copy of the booking photograph of Rodney Bretches.
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Julie Andrews delivers commencement address at CU
- Man threatens student with scissors during attempted sex assault at CU Boulder
- Suspect arrested in series of CU Boulder credit card thefts
- CU Boulder police respond to possible hit-and-run; arrest man holding knife
- Wife of former CU Boulder coach Bill McCartney dies
- Four Times Around the World for Weld County Public Works Last Winter
- Weld County Launches "Discover Weld" Web Site
- Weld County Highlights Projects During Ad Valorem Check Presentation
- 2 injured in Greeley after truck crashes into UNC dorm
- Teacher who got pregnant after affair with student given jail time