Photo released of Loveland police officer accused of sexually exploiting a child | Crime
On today’s date, May 25, 2012, the District Attorney’s Office submitted formal charges to the Larimer County District Court against Loveland Police Officer Rodney Bretches.
The District Attorney’s Office is seeking charges for one count of Sexual Exploitation of a Child, a Class 4 Felony, and two counts of Unlawful Sexual Contact-Peeping, Class 1 Misdemeanors. The penalty range for a Class 4 Felony is 2 to 6 years in the presumptive range. The penalty range for a Class 1 Misdemeanor is 6 months to 24 months.
A warrant for the arrest of Officer Bretches was issued by District Court Judge Gregory Lammons and bond was set at $10,000 cash, property or surety.
Officer Bretches surrendered himself on the warrant to the Loveland Police Department and posted the bond set on the warrant. Officer Bretches’ bond is returnable in Courtroom 1A of the Larimer County Justice Center in Fort Collins, Colorado, on June 1, 2012 at 1:30 p.m.
The Loveland Police Department has placed Officer Bretches on paid administrative leave at the present time, and has initiated an internal administrative investigation into the allegations.
Attached is a copy of the booking photograph of Rodney Bretches.
Upcoming Events near Loveland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Parents win a round on a fracking battleground in Greeley
- WELD COUNTY AND ANADARKO PARTNER TO BRING WATER TO WATTENBERG
- Support overwhelms family after Ashley Fallis death investigation reopened
- 6-year-old Greeley boy’s dream comes true via Make-A-Wish
- Congressman Polis Pledges Support for North I-25 Coalition
- Two arrested in big Longmont fire
- Large stack of railroad ties burns in Longmont; 2 in custody for questioning
- Police search for homeless suspect in stabbing at Longmont gas station
- Woman reported missing from Longmont found dead
- Police investigate who provided alcohol to teens after drunk girl hospitalized