Photo released of Loveland police officer accused of sexually exploiting a child | Crime
On today’s date, May 25, 2012, the District Attorney’s Office submitted formal charges to the Larimer County District Court against Loveland Police Officer Rodney Bretches.
The District Attorney’s Office is seeking charges for one count of Sexual Exploitation of a Child, a Class 4 Felony, and two counts of Unlawful Sexual Contact-Peeping, Class 1 Misdemeanors. The penalty range for a Class 4 Felony is 2 to 6 years in the presumptive range. The penalty range for a Class 1 Misdemeanor is 6 months to 24 months.
A warrant for the arrest of Officer Bretches was issued by District Court Judge Gregory Lammons and bond was set at $10,000 cash, property or surety.
Officer Bretches surrendered himself on the warrant to the Loveland Police Department and posted the bond set on the warrant. Officer Bretches’ bond is returnable in Courtroom 1A of the Larimer County Justice Center in Fort Collins, Colorado, on June 1, 2012 at 1:30 p.m.
The Loveland Police Department has placed Officer Bretches on paid administrative leave at the present time, and has initiated an internal administrative investigation into the allegations.
Attached is a copy of the booking photograph of Rodney Bretches.
Upcoming Events near Loveland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man arrested after holding baby hostage in Greeley standoff
- Greeley man sentenced to prison for child sex assault, child pornography
- I-25 COALITION MEETS WITH GARDNER TO DISCUSS CONCERNS WITH CDOT PLANS FOR CORRIDOR
- COMMISSIONERS HOST OPEN HOUSE FOR NEW WELD COUNTY REGIONAL COMMUNICATIONS CENTER
- Weld County Initiates Small Business Incentive Program
- Longmont police looking for buttocks-grabbing cyclist
- Man who died in fiery Longmont crash remembered at vigil
- Police: Victims walk away with minor injuries after crash with semi
- Report: 2nd teen dies following weekend stabbing at Longmont party
- BCSO: Man shot by deputies drew handgun, but weapon jammed