Loveland police officer faces child pornography charges | News
LOVELAND, Colo. — A Loveland Police officer faces charges Friday as a result of allegations he possessed child pornography.
An arrest warrant has been issued for Rod Bretches, 48, but he had not been arrested as of midday Friday.
The Denver Post reports Investigators obtained a search warrant and went into his home Tuesday. He faces a felony charge of sexual exploitation of a child and a misdemeanor charge of peeping. He’s accused of having more than 20 pornographic videos and photos.
Bretches has worked for the Loveland Police Department for 19 years.
He was one of the department’s first police dog handlers and has given K9 presentations throughout the community.
Bretches is on paid administrative. Investigators have not released any other information about the case against him.
Upcoming Events near Loveland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man arrested after holding baby hostage in Greeley standoff
- Greeley man sentenced to prison for child sex assault, child pornography
- I-25 COALITION MEETS WITH GARDNER TO DISCUSS CONCERNS WITH CDOT PLANS FOR CORRIDOR
- COMMISSIONERS HOST OPEN HOUSE FOR NEW WELD COUNTY REGIONAL COMMUNICATIONS CENTER
- Weld County Initiates Small Business Incentive Program
- Longmont police looking for buttocks-grabbing cyclist
- Man who died in fiery Longmont crash remembered at vigil
- Police: Victims walk away with minor injuries after crash with semi
- Report: 2nd teen dies following weekend stabbing at Longmont party
- BCSO: Man shot by deputies drew handgun, but weapon jammed