Loveland police officer faces child pornography charges | News
LOVELAND, Colo. — A Loveland Police officer faces charges Friday as a result of allegations he possessed child pornography.
An arrest warrant has been issued for Rod Bretches, 48, but he had not been arrested as of midday Friday.
The Denver Post reports Investigators obtained a search warrant and went into his home Tuesday. He faces a felony charge of sexual exploitation of a child and a misdemeanor charge of peeping. He’s accused of having more than 20 pornographic videos and photos.
Bretches has worked for the Loveland Police Department for 19 years.
He was one of the department’s first police dog handlers and has given K9 presentations throughout the community.
Bretches is on paid administrative. Investigators have not released any other information about the case against him.
Upcoming Events near Loveland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 4th graders accused of buying, selling marijuana at school
- 4th grade students accused of trying to sell pot at Greeley school
- Parents win a round on a fracking battleground in Greeley
- WELD COUNTY AND ANADARKO PARTNER TO BRING WATER TO WATTENBERG
- Support overwhelms family after Ashley Fallis death investigation reopened