Loveland police officer faces child pornography charges | News
LOVELAND, Colo. — A Loveland Police officer faces charges Friday as a result of allegations he possessed child pornography.
An arrest warrant has been issued for Rod Bretches, 48, but he had not been arrested as of midday Friday.
The Denver Post reports Investigators obtained a search warrant and went into his home Tuesday. He faces a felony charge of sexual exploitation of a child and a misdemeanor charge of peeping. He’s accused of having more than 20 pornographic videos and photos.
Bretches has worked for the Loveland Police Department for 19 years.
He was one of the department’s first police dog handlers and has given K9 presentations throughout the community.
Bretches is on paid administrative. Investigators have not released any other information about the case against him.
Upcoming Events near Loveland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Funeral director found guilty of stealing $13,589 from Weld County
- First flu death of season reported in Colorado
- Greeley warns of fake water tester gaining access to people’s homes
- Greeley-Evans School Board Honors Migrant Christmas Fiesta
- Animal group’s undercover video alleges animal cruelty at calf facility