Larimer County holds "Hiring Contractors" workshop | Real Estate
Are you now or in the future bringing on new hires either as an independent contractor or employee? Making the wrong decision can be risky and costly. Learn how the IRS defines both classifications and what tests they use to determine if an employer has accurately classified their workers.
Also covered: Reasons for Independent Contractors and the Risks; Risks of Misclassifying Employees; Current Legislative & Enforcement Environment; Legal Tests for Determining Employee Status (IRS; Common Law; Economic Realities; ABC Test); Potential Areas of Exposure; Tax Liability; Wages & Overtime; Benefit Plans; Workers’ Compensation Premiums; Unemployment Insurance Premiums; Ten Questions to Ask; Written Independent Contractor Agreements.
When: 8:30 AM-10 AM, Friday, June 22.
Where: Larimer County Workforce Center, 200 West Oak Street, Fort Collins (5th floor)
Instructor: Lee Christian, PC
Fee: $39. To register, please go to: www.larimerworkforce.org/1099
Upcoming Events near Loveland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- WELD COUNTY AND ANADARKO PARTNER TO BRING WATER TO WATTENBERG
- Support overwhelms family after Ashley Fallis death investigation reopened
- 6-year-old Greeley boy’s dream comes true via Make-A-Wish
- Congressman Polis Pledges Support for North I-25 Coalition
- Evans Thanks Weld County with Award For Assistance During Flood
- Two arrested in big Longmont fire
- Large stack of railroad ties burns in Longmont; 2 in custody for questioning
- Police search for homeless suspect in stabbing at Longmont gas station
- Woman reported missing from Longmont found dead
- Police investigate who provided alcohol to teens after drunk girl hospitalized