Larimer County holds "Hiring Contractors" workshop | Real Estate
Are you now or in the future bringing on new hires either as an independent contractor or employee? Making the wrong decision can be risky and costly. Learn how the IRS defines both classifications and what tests they use to determine if an employer has accurately classified their workers.
Also covered: Reasons for Independent Contractors and the Risks; Risks of Misclassifying Employees; Current Legislative & Enforcement Environment; Legal Tests for Determining Employee Status (IRS; Common Law; Economic Realities; ABC Test); Potential Areas of Exposure; Tax Liability; Wages & Overtime; Benefit Plans; Workers’ Compensation Premiums; Unemployment Insurance Premiums; Ten Questions to Ask; Written Independent Contractor Agreements.
When: 8:30 AM-10 AM, Friday, June 22.
Where: Larimer County Workforce Center, 200 West Oak Street, Fort Collins (5th floor)
Instructor: Lee Christian, PC
Fee: $39. To register, please go to: www.larimerworkforce.org/1099
Upcoming Events near Loveland
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Funeral director found guilty of stealing $13,589 from Weld County
- First flu death of season reported in Colorado
- Greeley warns of fake water tester gaining access to people’s homes
- Greeley-Evans School Board Honors Migrant Christmas Fiesta
- Animal group’s undercover video alleges animal cruelty at calf facility